Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District Council (TRDC) is busy shaping the District in a way that benefits our community for decades to come. We are very clear about our vision “Better place for all, their neighbourhoods, health, employment and access to services.”
The district is full of innovation, creativity and community work. It has much to offer with visitor attractions, shopping, eating and drinking, sport and leisure, culture and history and places to stay, making Three Rivers an ideal place to live and work. It has a vibrant community and there are many events that showcase the lively and active atmosphere. It offers beautiful countryside, excellent leisure facilities and a wealth of culture and history. Three Rivers is also one of the safest districts in Hertfordshire, with the county itself one of the safest in the UK.
Our Green Belt is nearly 9,000 hectares and we manage 260 hectares of public woodland and 21 conservation areas in the district. This demonstrates the amount of open space and places of historical interest in Three Rivers.
The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses, home to both the head offices of national and international organisations and vibrant small firms. It is the base for national names such as British Telecom, Camelot, Nestle, Renewable Energy Systems, Imagination Technologies, Warner Bros, Skanska Nissan and Renault. One of the main aims for the District Council is to help people find the support they need to set up in business and markets or to expand existing enterprises.
Communications are very good with road and rail links, including the M1, M25, the West Coast Main Line and the Metropolitan Tube Line into central London. In addition, the planned Croxley Link will provide direct links to central Watford and Watford Junction station, which is connected to the West Coast Main Line. You are 30 minutes away from the nearest airports, Heathrow and Luton, by car. Gatwick is an hour away by car.
Satisfaction with the way TRDC runs things is 9% higher than other Hertfordshire Councils.
Our priority is to improve the quality of life for the people of Three Rivers by working in partnership to create a district which is safe, healthy, and prosperous, and which is
where people want and are able to live, work and visit. We are working on our key priority areas for improvement with residents and service providers:
- Addressing the shortage of housing for those needing temporary accommodation and those who have not the means to pay market rates
- Concentrating on aiding the most vulnerable people in our district
- Promoting “greener” ways of delivering services, reducing the Eco-footprint of the district
- Creating diverse and harmonious communities that enable people to live in harmony with each other and with their environment
- Supporting the local economy to create good quality jobs and prosperity
- Increasing our income through sound investment in order to provide the services the local community wants
- Maintain public land and assets in the ownership of the public sector
- Provide excellent customer care whilst providing great services as efficiently as possible.
Our success relies on the talent and contribution of its workforce enabling and ensuring it meets its objectives. Our Reward strategy seeks to ensure the council is able to attract, recruit, retain and engage the right people in order to achieve this.
We enable our workforce to build the skills, knowledge and commitment to perform their present and future roles, to support the delivery of excellent services, which respond proactively to the changing needs of residents and businesses.
We were first awarded Investors in People accreditation in 1995 and have continued to retain it to date.